Medically Not Yet Explained Symptoms Top 10 priorities
- What are the most effective treatment strategies for different symptoms of MNYES?
- How can clinicians collaborate effectively to form the most appropriate care pathway and service model to offer assessment and treatment for patients with MNYES?
- What are the most effective methods for training clinicians to diagnose and treat their patients with MNYES with compassion, empathy and respect?
- What outcomes matter most to patients with MNYES?
- What are the most effective ways to support patients with MNYES and their carers to live with their symptoms?
- How can the most appropriate treatment be selected, dependent on different MNYES symptoms, that a person with MNYES is most likely to benefit from?
- What symptoms are commonly reported by people with MNYES and what links them?
- What factors affect outcomes for MNYES?
- What strategies are effective at promoting awareness and up to date clinical knowledge about MNYES amongst healthcare professionals?
- Which self-management techniques are effective in MNYES?
The following questions were also discussed and put in order of priority at the workshop:
- What is the relationship between mental health problems and MNYES?
- What is the relationship over time between MNYES and known medical conditions and does that suggest some shared pathological process?
- What is the best practice to offer optimal care for patients with MNYES?
- What are current clinical attitudes and levels of knowledge about MNYES?
- What are the most effective physical treatments for different symptoms of MNYES?
- What are the most effective psychological treatments for different symptoms of MNYES?
- Why do symptoms of MNYES fluctuate?