Urinary Incontinence Top 10
- What are the optimal pelvic floor muscle training protocols (frequency and duration of therapy) for treating different patterns of urinary incontinence?
- Can guidance or training for GPs on appropriate care pathways improve management of people with urinary incontinence?
- What is best practice for treating combined stress urinary incontinence and detrusor overactivity?
- Which catheter regimens are most effective in preventing urinary tract infections in people using intermittent self-catheterisation for the management of a neurogenic bladder?/What is the effectiveness and safety of prophylactic versus symptomatic antibiotic therapy in people with neurogenic bladder dysfunction using intermittent self-catheterisation?
- Which treatment is most effective for reducing urinary frequency and urgency?
- Is urodynamic testing before surgery for urinary incontinence associated with better continence rates and quality of life, than surgery indicated without such testing?
- What is best practice for managing stress urinary incontinence following failed tension free vaginal tape surgery?
- What are the most effective treatments of daytime urinary incontinence in children?
- Are disposable catheters more or less acceptable than reusable catheters, in terms of effective bladder management, patient experience and urinary tract infections?
- In women with prolapse and stress urinary incontinence, should suburethral tapes be inserted at the same time as repairing the prolapse?
To see more uncertainties identified for Urinary Incontinence see the document below