Elbow Conditions Top 10
- What is the best treatment (surgery or conservative management) for elbow arthritis in young /active patients?
- Which factors affect the outcome and longevity of elbow replacements?
- What is the best rehabilitation programme for prevention of stiffness following elbow trauma or surgery?
- What is the best treatment approach (surgery or without surgery) in management of early or persistent elbow tendinopathies (such as tennis/golfer’s elbow)?
- Comparing non-surgical treatments (such as medications, therapy interventions, injections etc), which is most effective in elbow arthritis?
- What is the outcome of surgery (including open or key-hole surgery) in the management of elbow arthritis?
- What is the best treatment (including surgical and non-surgical) for non-arthritic elbow stiffness?
- How to manage pain (early/persistent) in common elbow conditions?
- What and when is the best treatment option for distal biceps tendon ruptures (surgical or non-surgical)?
- What are the best pre and post-op rehabilitation regimens for total elbow replacements, including advice on long term physical restrictions?
The following questions were also discussed and put in order of priority at the workshop:
- In patients with partial thickness distal biceps ruptures, does surgical or non-surgical treatment lead to better outcomes?
- What is the best way to manage a radial nerve injury following humeral fracture or surgery?
- What are the non-surgical options for managing cubital tunnel syndrome and what is their effectiveness?
- What is the role of non-surgical treatments (including medications, injections) in elbow tendinopathies (e.g. tennis/golfer elbows)?
- What is the effectiveness of surgery for elbow tendinopathies (e.g. tennis/golfer’s elbows) compared to nonsurgical management?
- Which rehabilitation programmes (such as splinting, exercise regimen, physical therapy) are most effective in the management of elbow tendinopathies (e.g. tennis / golfer elbows)?
- Does elbow tendinopathy (e.g. golfer’s and tennis elbow) get better by itself?
- Can elbow tendinopathies (e.g. tennis/golfer’s elbows) be effectively self-managed?