Inherited Retinal Disease Top 10
- Can a treatment to slow down progression or reverse sight loss in inherited retinal diseases be developed?
- How can sight loss be prevented in an individual with inherited retinal disease?
- Is a genetic (molecular) diagnosis possible for all inherited retinal diseases?
- What factors affect the progression of sight loss in inherited retinal diseases?
- What causes sight loss in inherited retinal diseases?
- What is the most effective way to support patients with inherited retinal disease?
- Can the diagnosis of inherited retinal diseases be refined so that individuals can be given a clearer idea about their specific condition and how it is likely to progress?
- What is the relationship between sight loss and mental health for people with inherited retinal diseases?
- Would having a treatment for an inherited retinal disease preclude a patient from having another treatment?
- With regard to inherited retinal disease what is the role of pre-natal and pre-implantation diagnosis in helping parents make informed choices?
The following questions were also discussed and ranked in order of priority at the workshop:
- Can the genetic defects be corrected in utero to prevent inherited retinal diseases?
- Can eye transplants be developed for people with inherited retinal diseases?