Hyperacusis Top 10
- What is the most effective treatment approach for hyperacusis in Children?
- What is the prevalence of hyperacusis in a general population and other specific populations (e.g. people with autism, mental health issues, learning disabilities, hearing loss)?
- Are there different meaningful types of hyperacusis?
- What is the essential knowledge/training required for health professionals to appropriately refer or effectively manage hyperacusis?
- Which treatment approaches are the most effective for different types or severities of hyperacusis?
- Is hyperacusis due to physical or psychological issues or is a combination of both?
- Which psychological therapy (e.g. counselling, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, mindfulness) is the most effective for hyperacusis?
- What Management approach for hyperacusis is the most effective for adults/children with autism?
- What is the best way of using sound in therapy for hyperacusis?
- Which self-help interventions are effective for hyperacusis?
For more information about the process used to check the uncertainty of these questions, please see the document below: