Diabetes (Type 1) Top 10
- Is it possible to constantly and accurately monitor blood sugar levels, in people with type 1 diabetes, with a discrete device (non-invasive or invasive)
- Is insulin pump therapy effective? (immediate v deferred pump, and comparing outcomes with multiple injections)
- Is an artificial pancreas for type 1 diabetes (closed loop system) effective?
- What are the characteristics of the best type 1 diabetes patient education programmes (from diagnosis to long term care) and do they improve outcomes?
- What are the cognitive and psychological effects of living with type 1 diabetes?
- How can awareness of and prevention of hypoglycaemia in type 1 diabetes be improved?
- How tightly controlled do fluctuations in blood glucose levels need to be to reduce the risk of developing complications in people with type 1 diabetes?
- Does treatment of type 1 diabetics by specialists (e.g. doctors, nurses, dieticians, podiatrists, ophthalmologists and psychologists) trained in person-centred skills provide better blood glucose control, patient satisfaction and self-confidence in management of type 1 diabetes, compared to treatment by non specialists with standard skills?
- What makes self management successful for some people with type 1 diabetes, and not others?
- Which insulins are safest and have the fewest (long term) adverse effects?
To see more uncertainties identified for Diabetes (Type 1) see the document below