1. Potter LJ, Doleman B, Moppett IK. A systematic review of pre-operative anaemia and blood transfusion in patients with fractured hips. Anaesthesia. 2015;70(4):483-500.
2. Ng O, Keeler BD, Mishra A, Simpson A, Neal K, Brookes MJ, et al. Iron therapy for pre-operative anaemia. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. 2015(-12):CD011588-CD.
3. Hogan M, Klein AA, Richards T. The impact of anaemia and intravenous iron replacement therapy on outcomes in cardiac surgery. European Journal of Cardio-Thoracic Surgery. 2015;47(2):218-26.
4. Chan AW, de Gara CJ. An evidence-based approach to red blood cell transfusions in asymptomatically anaemic patients. Annals of the Royal College of Surgeons of England. 2015;97(-8):556-62.
5. Borstlap WA, Stellingwerf ME, Moolla Z, Musters GD, Buskens CJ, Tanis PJ, et al. Iron therapy for the treatment of preoperative anaemia in patients with colorectal carcinoma: a systematic review. Colorectal Disease. 2015;17(-12):1044-54.
1. Bonovas S, Fiorino G, Allocca M, Lytras T, Tsantes A, Peyrin-Biroulet L, et al. Intravenous versus oral iron for the treatment of anemia in inflammatory bowel disease: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials. Medicine. 2016;95(-2):e2308-e.
2. Tay HS, Soiza RL. Systematic review and meta-analysis: what is the evidence for oral iron supplementation in treating anaemia in elderly people? Drugs & Aging. 2015;32(2):149-58.